Digital Phone Calling Features
Use these tips to get the most out of your Uniserve digital phone features.
Basic and Enhanced Voicemail
Callers can leave a message whether you’re on the other line or away from your digital phone.
To access your voicemail from your digital phone:
- Press *40
To access your voicemail remotely:
- Dial your phone number
- Press * when you hear your greeting
To access your enhanced voicemail from your computer:
- Log into My Account and click on the Voicemail tab under the Telephone Services tab
Receive incoming calls while on an active call. While using your digital phone, you’ll hear a distinct call waiting tone alerting you of the second incoming call.
To answer call waiting:
- Press the flash button on your digital phone, or hang up momentarily
To deactivate call waiting on your digital phone:
- Press *57
To activate call waiting on your digital phone:
- Press *56
To deactivate call waiting for the next outgoing call only:
- Press *71 then dial the number
To activate call waiting for the next outgoing call only:
- Press *70 then dial the number
Call Waiting Caller ID
Displays Caller ID information for incoming secondary calls.
To activate Call Waiting Caller ID on your digital phone:
- Press *25
To deactivate Call Waiting Caller ID on your digital phone:
- Press *45
Place active calls on hold using your digital phone.
To put a call on hold:
- Press the flash key or hang up momentarily
- You may make a second call while the first call is on hold
To take the call off hold, or switch between calls:
- Press the flash key or hang up the phone and it will ring back
- If you switch back to the first call and the third party is still connected, a three way call will begin
Initiate a three-way conference call on your digital phone.
To start your three way call:
- Place the first call on hold by pressing the flash key or momentarily hanging up
- Listen for the dial tone and dial the third party
- Once the third party answers, press the flash key or momentarily hang up to connect all parties
To call the last number that called you:
- Press *69
If the number is busy, you can instruct your digital phone service to dial the number repeatedly and notify you when it is no longer busy. This feature will retry the last dialed number for 30 minutes. When the number is no longer busy, your digital phone will sound a distinct ring to indicate your call is going through.
To activate Call Return on Busy:
- Press *66
To deactivate Call Return on Busy:
- Press *86
Anonymous Call Block
Block incoming phone calls with anonymous caller ID
To block anonymous calls:
- Press *77
To unblock anonymous calls:
- Press *87
Configure up to eight speed dial numbers on your digital phone.
To set a speed dial number:
- Dial *74 and wait for the tone to change
- Dial the speed dial number you wish to add (2-9)
- Dial the phone number you wish to assign to that speed dial number
- Press # or wait until you hear two short beeps
To use a speed dial number:
- Press the speed dial number assigned to the phone number you wish to call, followed by #
Do Not Disturb
Place your digital phone number in Do Not Disturb mode, which will silence all incoming calls.
To activate Do Not Disturb:
- Press *78
To deactivate Do Not Disturb:
- Press *79
Call forward to voicemail:
- Press *720
Call forward to a specified phone number:
- Press *72 then the number
Remove call forwarding:
- Press *73
Call forward to voicemail when busy only:
- Press *900
Call forward to a specified phone number when busy only:
- Press *90 then the number
Remove call forwarding when busy only:
- Press *91
Call forward to voicemail when no answer only:
- Press *920
Call forward to a specified phone number when no answer only:
- Press *92 then the number
Remove call forwarding when no answer only:
- Press *93
Cancel ALL call forward:
- Press *68
Please note: Call forwarding to numbers outside Canada, the US and some Caribbean islands requires the prefix 011 as though you were dialing an international number.
Enhanced Voicemail customers may also access their call forwarding options by logging into My Account and clicking on Call Preferences under Telephone Services.
Block Caller ID
Block your phone number from showing up in caller ID when you make a call.
To activate/deactivate Block Caller ID:
- Log into My Account and click on Call Preferences under Telephone Services
To enable Block Caller ID for the next phone call only:
- Press *67 then the number you are calling